Easter Superfood Crumble
It’s Easter time! Roll on the long weekend, time with family and of course all the tasty treats! Saying that, you don’t have to compromise your healthy eating just to have some treats. You can have them and make sure they are good for you at the same time. So we have come up with a couple of lovely recipes that you can share with your family and friends.
This recipe for superfood crumble is not only easy, but you only need to get the ingredients for the filling. You may well have them in the house already! You can make the crumble topping with our superfood cookie mix. YAY!
This recipe makes either one big crumble or lots of little ones, depending on what size ramekins you use.
So you will need one of our cookie mixes for this plus the following;
- 110g oil – either coconut, vegetable or olive. All work just as well!
- 1.4 kg peeled apples (so maybe you won’t have this many apples in the house…) Whatever type you like to use.
- Juice and rind of 2 oranges
- coconut sugar or maple to taste. See how sweet the apples and oranges are before you add the sugar!
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 large dates, finely chopped. If your dates are a little smaller use 8-10.
- Don’t forget the cookie mix!
- Pre heat oven to between 170 and 180 degrees (fan assisted).
- Peel and chop your apples in to fairly small chunks.
- Add to a pan (big enough to hold it all).
- Grate the rind off your oranges and add in with the apples, then add the juice of both oranges.
- Add a few tablespoons of water to the pan as well.
- Heat the apples and orange juice on a medium heat until they break down and become soft. If you find there isn’t enough moisture in the pan, then just add a tablespoon of water every now and then to keep things going.
- Give the mixture a taste once it’s cooked (careful not to burn your mouth!). Add coconut sugar or maple syrup to taste based on how you like it.
- Add the cinnamon and chopped dates.
- Either empty in to one large dish or in to individual serving sizes.
- Move on to the cookie
- Follow the instructions in the bag. If you want to add a bit more flavour, add a teaspoon of cinnamon and some more grated orange rind.
- Once you are ready to bake it, distribute evenly over the fruit.
- Cook in the oven for between 20 – 30 minutes. Keep an eye it doesn’t burn and take out when it’s all golden brown!
- Enjoy served with your favourite topping!