If you are a fan of breakfast, like us (any meal really…), then keeping things varied when you are eating healthily can keep things interesting! You may also like our carrot cake porridge recipe, which is a real treat.
This bowl of tasty oats has everything you need to give you a bit of get up and go in the morning. Coffee, chocolate and carbs!
This recipe makes 1 so multiply it by how many people you want it to serve.
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup brewed coffee dependant on strength. Or you can add a teaspoon of instant in with the milk once its warm.
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of milk of choice depending on how much coffee you used. The total liquid should total 1 cup. You may need a dash more if the porridge becomes too thick.
- 40g oats
- 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar. You can adjust depending on taste. Swap for maple or an alternative sweetener if you prefer.
- 1 1/2 – 2 teaspoons cacao or cocoa powder. We used cacao in ours.
- Some of your favourite dark chocolate or maple syrup OR BOTH to finish the porridge off with.
- Add the coffee, milk and oats to a pan and begin to heat gently. If you are using instant coffee then add it to the milk and oats when they have warmed up.
- Keep stirring the oats until they are thick and creamy. Check the oats are cooked fully. If the mixture becomes too thick and/or the oats haven’t cooked fully then add a dash more milk and keep cooking until they are.
- Serve with some chopped chocolate and/or maple.