Carrot Cake Porridge
We love breakfast and we love cake. So no brainer to combine the two! We came up with this simple recipe for a delicious breakfast that satisfied that sweet tooth, especially as a weekend treat. There’s no need to have plain oats any more!
This recipe served 1, so if you want to make more just multiply it by the number you are serving.
- 1 cup milk of choice. You may need to add a dash more if the oats get too thick.
- 60g finely crated peeled carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 40g oats (gluten free if you have an intolerance)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar – adjust to taste if needed. You can also use maple or an alternative sweetener.
- 1/2 teaspoon maca powder if you have it, if not then leave it out.
- Some chopped almonds and sultanas to add at the end.
- Add the grated carrot and milk to a pan and heat until the milk is hot but not bubbling.
- Turn off the heat and leave for a few minutes.
- Add the oats, sugar, mixes spice and maca (if you are using it) and return to the heat.
- Stir continuously until the oats are cooked and the porridge has become thick and creamy.
- If it gets a little too thick and/or the oats aren’t cooked enough then add a dash of milk and keep heating and stirring until it’s the right consistency.
- Serve and top with sultanas and chopped almonds.