No Bake Nutty Chocolate Energy Bar
For those times in between meals when you just need a little pick me up. Or you’ve just got home and want to hit the gym but need a little fuel before hand. We have the answer!
These simple bars are so easy! You don’t need to blend anything or bake anything and they make a seriously tasty snack! Packed full of wholesome ingredients and you can play around with what you add to make you an energy bar that is an absolute go to favourite.
So here we go!
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup good nut butter (like meridian) – we used peanut butter but any will work!
- 1 heaped tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 25g of your favourite chocolate (or make your own with cacao and coconut oil)
- 140g gluten free quick oats (sort of porridge oats – if they are too big, just blitz them in the blender to break them up)
- 100g roughly chopped nuts – we used a mixture of walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts so just use your favourites!
- Line a dish or tray with foil, cling film or grease proof paper.
- Heat the nut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup together until its all melted. You could do it on the hob in a pan or in a bowl in the microwave.
- Chop up the chocolate and add the chocolate to the mixture and stir it in.
- Add the cacao and stir in.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine full.
- Pour in to the lined dish/tin and flatten it down so that it is all level and condensed.
- Chill in the fridge (or freezer if you want to speed it up!) until its fully set then slice in to bars or squares.
- Store them airtight in the fridge to keep them fresh end enjoy!