Unrefined Healthy Apple and Sultana Pancakes
We just LOVE pancakes as they are a great breakfast…or lunch…or dinner….or snack? Anyway aside from our slight obsession, we had a trouble as there is often a raising agent involved which as we know isn’t that natural. So we have com up with a lovely nutritious recipe that is free from gluten, wheat and refined ingredients as well as being vegan.
This recipe is super simple and you should have most of the ingredients in the cupboard!
- 1 tablespoon/ about 7 or 8g or chia seeds soaked in 60ml water
- 90g gluten free oats blended until fine or oat flour
- one small apple (about 60-70g) finely grated
- 30g coconut sugar or alternative
- 10 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 30g sultanas
- soak the chia seeds in the water for 30 minutes to an hour.
- leave the chia seeds to the side for soak
- if you are using whole oats, blend them until fine.
- add the coconut (or whatever alternative you are using) sugar and the mixed spice to the oats.
- finely grate the apple and add it to the dry ingredients with the milk, chia seeds and sultanas.
- mix until fully blended and slightly runny.
- heat a pan on a medium heat and melt a small amount of coconut oil (or alternative) in the pan.
- spoon 2 tablespoons at a time in the pan and cook for a couple of minutes on each side until browned
- serve with whatever you like and enjoy 🙂