#GBBO Week 6 – Botanicals
It seems as though bake off is kind of running out of things to put as their challenges! But since they have given us the botanical challenge, we are going to roll with it!
As always this recipe is vegan, gluten free, wheat free and completely unrefined! Using natural and healthy ingredients.
We have made a super easy recipe for you this week! The last couple haven’t been the easiest or the quickest, so this week we have kept it simple and fast but just as tasty and good for you. So here is a delicious lavender and lemon oat biscuit (kind of a biscuit, kind of a cookie…) that is just perfect with a cuppa and a sit down. With bake off maybe!
The recipe makes 6 big cookies or 10-12 mini ones.
- 25g ground/ blended oats (or oat flour)
- 60g whole oats
- 100g coconut oil
- 30g coconut flour
- 80g coconut sugar
- finely grated rind of 2 small lemons or 1 large and half of the juice.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 sprig of lavender
- pre heat the oven to 160c (fan assisted)
- Grate the rind of the lemon(s).
- Take the flax seed and add 2 tablespoons of water and 2 of lemon juice. Leave for 20 minutes.
- if you don’t have any oat flour or ground oats, just pop some whole oats in a blender for a minute or so.
- Put all of the dry ingredients plus the lemon rind and the flowers from the lavender into a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil and add it to the dry ingredients with the flax mixture.
- Combine well.
- spoon on to a lined baking tray as big as you want. The cooking time is for 6 large cookies so if you make them smaller then you may want to adjust cooking times.
- Put them in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Leave to cool and decorate with some of your favourite melted chocolate.